The chimney is a part of our home that allows ventilation for your fireplace and appliances. However, as your general construction company would tell you, it’s also a vulnerable component. This is because water can easily seep into your chimney due to its open nature, especially during rainy days.
Timberland Exteriors discusses five signs water is entering your chimney, which all warrant a call to your contractor.
- Stained Walls – If you notice your chimney is starting to have stains in it, it might mean that water has been entering it for quite some time. It’s best you get a home remodeling contractor to fix this as soon as possible.
- Eroded Mortar Joints – This is another indicator that the problem has been occurring for a while. If left alone, this may damage the integrity of your chimney and even cause further damage.
- Dripping Sounds – Even if you can’t see any water but you hear some dripping sounds, this is a clear indication that water has infiltrated your chimney. Have it fixed immediately before it can cause further damage.
- Cracking in the Interior Masonry – Water can cause cracks in your chimney. If this occurs, it may lead to a few health hazards in your home and even endanger your family. It’s a wise idea to find a general construction company like Timberland Exteriors to fix this as soon as possible.
- Mold Growth – If you can spot mold in your chimney with a flashlight, that means water has been getting into your chimney for quite some time. This can cause another health hazard for you and your family so call us right away for a solution.
If you’re in need of exterior home remodeling services, turn to Timberland Exteriors. We are your leading provider of roofing and siding services. Give us a call at (952) 373-5145 or fill out our contact form to get a free estimate. We serve homeowners in Minneapolis, MN and other nearby areas.