Before jumping into your roofing project, you may find it hard dealing with the right people who’ll work on your roof. This may stem from having expectations regarding your project, but contractors too have things they wish their clients knew about their work. In this article, storm damage restoration contractor Timberland Exteriors shares what they wish clients knew about their work.
1. They want to work with people they trust- Your contractor already has a group of people whom they trust. They know their capabilities and whether they can finish the job. If you insist on adding a person to work hand-in-hand with your contractor, you’re forcing them to work with someone they don’t know. Aside from that, the person you want to add will also take the spot of the crewmember who’s depending on the contractor for a stable job. This may also result in you receiving sloppy work created by unqualified individuals. If you want to work with professionals and get the output you’re looking for, trust your contractors.
2. They want new materials instead of reusing old ones- You may be thinking of reusing your old roofing material to cut costs. However, your contractor wants to give you only the best. They prefer new materials because some of these used materials usually fail once removed and reinstalled. These reused materials will incur more damage, in the long run, resulting in you spending more rather than using new materials in the first place.
3. They’re not creating extra work- During the process, you may notice your contractor doing extra work. You may feel uneasy about this but be assured that they’re not doing it for their sake. If they won’t insist on working on these additional tasks, your roofing can be compromised.
4. They want to work with a detail-oriented customer- Whether it’s a roofing or vinyl siding installation project, your contractors want to be completely aware of your expectations. Don’t be afraid to voice them out in a polite way, so that they’ll know specifically what they’ll work on.
5. They don’t want you to sacrifice quality over cheap pricing- You may want to bargain with your roofing systems but your contractor wants you to know that cheap pricing doesn’t usually equate to better quality. Don’t base your decision on the pricing, but rather with the quality of the materials and the services.
For vinyl window installation and other home improvement needs, turn to Timberland Exteriors. Call us at (651) 439-1760 or (218) 849-6675 or fill out our contact form for a consultation. We serve clients in St. Paul, MN.