Extreme weather can damage your siding in many ways. Sometimes, the damage is extensive enough to prompt an exterior replacement. But how do you exactly know when it’s time to get new siding? Timberland Exteriors, your go-to company for exterior home remodeling services, shares some of the warning signs to watch out for.
- Cracks and splits. You may notice cracks and splits running parallel to your vinyl siding, most often in half-circles. There may be more between the valley and ridges of the exterior. Cracks and splits are not only unsightly, but they can also leave your home more vulnerable to weather damage.
- Dents. This is a typical problem in aluminum siding because of the impact of damage from hail or flying debris.
- Paint Damage and Mold. In homes with a painted wood exterior, look for chips, cracks and discoloration in the paint. Excessive exposure to water can also cause mold in untreated wood siding.
- Chipping. Have you seen some bits of broken siding material on the ground? The storm must have damaged the bottom of the siding’s ridge, where it can’t absorb a direct hit.
- Holes. Flying debris and large hailstones can punch holes onto your siding, reducing its ability to protect your home from weather damage. Should this be the case, it might be time to have your siding replaced by a reliable home remodeling contractor like Timberland Exteriors.
How We Deal With Storm Damage on Exteriors
A damaged siding can no longer keep your home safe and damage-free from extreme weather. What’s more, it can compromise your home’s energy efficiency, allowing for higher monthly bills. Timberland Exteriors can offer an effective and necessary solution to this–siding replacement using our high-quality fiber cement siding from James Hardie®.
Our range of James Hardie fiber cement siding can easily withstand the toughest weather conditions in Minnesota. This is possible with the brand’s exclusive HardieZone® System, which ensures you get the right siding for your region’s specific weather patterns. Whether you live somewhere dry or humid, snowy or hurricane-prone, there’s a James Hardie siding that can perfectly suit your home. And when you turn to Timberland Exteriors, an expert in general construction, for its installation, you can always expect superior workmanship that leaves no room for mistakes.
Look no further than Timberland Exteriors for your siding replacement needs. We proudly serve Minneapolis, MN and the nearby cities. Call us today at 651-439-1760 or fill out this contact form to schedule a free quote.