As the weather gets warmer, it becomes more and more tempting to just crank the AC and stay inside in the cool air of your home. However, there are several reasons why you should open your windows instead! It is better for the environment and can save money on energy bills and improve your health. Keep reading this post by your exterior remodeling contractor to learn more about the advantages of opening your windows.
The Benefits of Opening Your Windows
There are several perks to opening your windows, including:
- Saving money on your energy bill: When you open your windows, you can let in natural airflow, which will help cool down your home. This can save you money on your energy bill because you won’t have to run the AC as much.
- Improving your health: Residential roofing service and window contractors say getting the fresh air from outside can help improve your respiratory health and boost your immune system.
- Reducing stress: Taking a few minutes to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine can help reduce stress and improve your mood.
How to Get the Most Out of Opening Your Windows
To maximize the benefits of opening your windows, it’s important to do it at the right time and in the right way.
- The best time to open your windows is in the morning or evening when the temperature outside is cooler than inside.
- When you open your windows, open them to get a good cross breeze going.
- If you have allergies, pollen, or other sensitivities, keep your windows closed when there are high pollen counts or other irritants in the air. In Maplewood, MN, these would usually be around April to June for tree pollen, June to July for grass pollen, and August to September for weed pollen.
The Risks of Not Opening Your Windows
While there are many benefits to opening your windows, there are also some risks associated with not doing it. For example, if you live in an area with high pollution levels, keeping your windows closed can trap harmful particles inside and increase your exposure. Not getting enough fresh air can also trigger symptoms if you have asthma or another respiratory condition.
How to Open Your Windows for Maximum Benefit
Assuming you don’t have any health concerns that would be aggravated by fresh air, we recommend opening your bedroom window at night and closing it before leaving for work to ventilate while you sleep, even opening the living room and kitchen windows during lunchtime cooking.
If you’re looking for ways to improve your home’s energy efficiency and indoor air quality, consider opening your windows more often! Timberland Exteriors in Maplewood can help you select the right windows for your home and provide expert installation services.
But we don’t just specialize in windows. We are also the best contractor in the Detroit Lakes and Maplewood, MN areas when it comes to exterior remodeling, hailstorm remodeling restorations and system installations. To learn more about our services, contact us at (651) 439-1760 if you’re in Maplewood and (218) 849-6675 in Detroit Lakes.