When you have a small lot, you have limited space for a garden and a deck. Even if you want a big and beautiful garden and a multi-functional deck, if your space isn’t big enough, you may find it hard to turn your ideas into reality. Fortunately, there are ways to maximize your space. In this post, your versatile new roof installation contractor will give us some small deck design ideas and tips.
1. Choose the location of your deck. The best locations are the areas that can extend traffic patterns that are already inside your house.
2. Be realistic and evaluate your needs. Use your creativity to achieve something out of your available space. Also, know your current outdoor needs. If your family loves doing barbeque nights on Saturdays, you may want to maximize the deck by placing a seating and a spot for a grill.
3. Start the measurement. This is the time you’ll measure the size and choose the shape of your deck. You can access numerous free online deck design tools to create your small deck ideas. Note that to maximize your space, try to make the design simple. Using squares and rectangles will give you usable square footage and an easy-to-build shape. Never forget about adding a practical traffic pattern that allows you to access the yard from your deck.
4. Make a connection. Make sure that your deck’s style, materials, and shape will be connected with your home and landscape. Decide whether your new deck design will be in sync with your fiber cement siding, the roof, the walls, etc.
5. Add storage. Even if it’s small, you can maximize your deck by adding shelves, hooks and drawers. Never limit your idea and try to make use of some built-in seating with lids that when you flip up, you can store cushions and toys.
6. Include plants. An excellent way to sync your deck with your landscape or yard is by adding some flowers, trees, and shrubs. It doesn’t just offer aesthetic appeal, but the plants can also work as a disguise for footings, posts, and corners.
7. Don’t forget about the final finishes. Add matching fabrics and furniture to harmonize with your outdoor living space.
If you’re looking for an experienced contractor that can provide you with window installation service, turn to Timberland Exteriors. Call us at (651) 439-1760 or (218) 849-6675 or fill out our contact form for a consultation. We serve clients in Maplewood, MN.